Tuesday, July 21, 2015

"Hope as an Anchor" : Layout with Scraps of Darkness July Kit

I am really enjoying creating with the July Scraps of Darkness Kit, "Tracey's Artful Adventures".
Here is my second project with the kit:


The picture is from my son, Hayden's graduation from USCG boot camp at Cape May, New Jersey. I am so proud of him for choosing to follow his heart for adventure and service to our country. I was inspired by this month's Inspiration Board:


For information how to enter this inspirational challenge click here

I love the worn and weathered wood which is captured in the BoBunny papers and perfect for my semi-nautical page. 


The scripture :"We have as this hope an anchor for our souls" Hebrews 6:19 was one that gave me strength while praying for him and his troop as they worked through the hardest part of the journey. It was very difficult being separated with out any type of communication so our online Facebook community of parents became a close, supportive group. I used the mini alphas from the kit and backed the Bo Bunny diecut with cardboard before gluing to the rope corner. I love the fun little copper prills in the kit-I had never worked with them before but they add such a fun dimension!



The anchor itself was an unfinished wood shape at Jo-Anns that I first embossed with a patina, then used the kit's copper powders to accent it. I used Blue Fern pieces from last month;s kit and embossed them with distress powder from Tim Holtz-the holes were filled in with a bronze Viva pen. I doubt my knot is sea worthy but I did try to follow a tutorial on nautical knots :)


As usual, I do like my layers. I truly love the scripted tissue paper and keep hoarding little bits to stuff in every project! There are still a few of the main kits available but the Add-ons have been sold out. Don't want to miss out on a kit? Stop by and see our newly designed store for the latest and loveliest of scrapping goodies.

No comments: